Monday, December 8, 2008

Fun Food Allergy Holiday Find

Yesterday I was shopping at Whole Foods (by myself! Dave watched the kids so I could take a "mini-vacation" to the grocery store) when I saw a lady handing out samples of some holiday-themed soy and rice milks. I tried Rice Nog by Rice Dream and Westsoy's Chocolate Peppermint Stick soy milk. Both were delicious! Because we're choco-holics in our house, I bought two cartons of the Chocolate Peppermint. You can drink it hot or cold. Heated up, it tastes almost identical to Starbucks' peppermint hot chocolate, which was heretofore my favorite holiday beverage.

It's funny that I found the Chocolate Peppermint soymilk yesterday, because just a couple of days ago, I made peppermint hot chocolate for Ainsley for the first time using this hot chocolate recipe from Enjoy Life. I made it peppermint by adding a candy cane (by the way, did you know that Spangler's candy canes are made on dedicated lines free of tree nuts, peanuts, eggs, & dairy)? I was delighted to see that on the label.)

No comments: