Monday, January 12, 2009

Beer bread

My mother-in-law just sent me the easiest bread recipe, and it doesn't contain any of Ainsley's allergens. Here it is:

Beer Bread
3 cups self-rising flour*
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 (12-ounce) can of beer

Preheat oven to 375*F (190*C). Lightly grease or spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine all ingredients, mixing well. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. Makes 1 loaf.

*Or you may substitute with 3 cups all purpose flour, 3 tsp baking powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.

3 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Mmmm... how's the taste?

Leigha said...

I don't know -- I haven't made it yet. My mom-in-law has, though, and says it tastes yummy -- "grainy".

Mamma Sarah said...

Hmmm. You'll have to make some and then post results.