I have been feeling like a single mom for the last few days because Dave has been buried with work. I don't know how other moms manage to take care of everything on their own for more than a few days. I am so ready for him to be done and be available to help out again.
Anyway, Ainsley and I have had a lot of leftovers lately. Monday, we ate leftovers from Sunday's lunch and dinner. Tuesday, we grabbed Wendy's for lunch (she is addicted to those kids' crispy chicken sandwiches!) and I made turkey meatballs (recipe in a previous post) with a side of carrots for dinner. I threw a bunch of veggies into the meatballs -- green peppers, onions, carrots (matchstick carrots that I cut up into tiny pieces), plus tomato paste. They were yummy and we had a lot for leftovers, which we ate for lunch and dinner today along with strawberries.
After dinner tonight, we made rice crispy treats using dairy-free margarine (Earth Balance) and egg-free marshmallows (Kraft Jet-Puffed). We decorated them with chocolate chips (Enjoy Life) and sprinkles. Ainsley loves to help me make things like this. She calls herself the "Head Taster" and my "Little Helper."
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment