Sunday, August 2, 2009

Easy asparagus

The other night I ventured out of my food comfort zone and baked some chicken. I know ... sad when baked chicken is an adventure. As often as I cook with chicken, I have never cooked chicken that had bones in it - I always stick to boneless chicken breast and tenderloin. But Whole Foods had a big sale on chicken legs this week, so I bought some and made the Orange-Glazed Chicken from What Else Is to Eat? (see cookbook sidebar). The chicken was incredibly easy and quite yummy.

As a side, I made baked asparagus in the way that my mother-in-law usually makes it - I bought a bunch of it, spread the spears on a cookie sheet, sprayed them with olive oil and threw a little kosher salt (course sea salt would also work) on them, and baked them in the oven at 375 degrees for ~20 minutes. Mmmm ... they were good. Ainsley kept eating them right off of the cookie sheet. Both the baked chicken and the asparagus were such a hit that I will be making them quite often in the future.

2 comments:

Leslie Lim said...

Good article. I was really enjoyed reading your post. This is truly worthy to read. Good content and good information. God bless!

wenny
www.imarksweb.org

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org