Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Easy chocolate chip brownie mini-cakes with strawberry sauce

We are going to a friend's house today for dinner (you know who you are!) and I volunteered to bring the dessert. I wanted to try something different, but was in a lazy mood, so I decided to do something using the Cherrybrook Kitchen chocolate chip brownie mix that was in my pantry. I made the batter and put it in a cupcake pan with cupcake liners (1 box of the mix makes 12 brownie cupcakes). After I took the brownie cupcakes out of the oven (I baked them at 350 for about 18 minutes), I cooled them on a wire rack.

While the brownies were baking, I made the sauce from a recipe I saw on the Fat-free Vegan blog: cut up a pint of strawberries (excluding the stems, of course!) and cook them in a saucepan with 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 tbsp cornstarch until the mixture is boiling and forms a sauce.

After the brownie cupcakes are cool, take the paper wrappers off and place each one on its own plate. Spoon sauce on top. Voila - fancy-looking dessert in no time!


3 comments:

Jane Anne said...

Oh, those look so delicious!! I need to try out Cherrybrook Kitchen mixes. I know everyone loved dessert.

Krista said...

I've just spent hours reading your blog and I love it! You could/should write a book. I couldn't stop reading. Great posts!!!

Mamma Sarah said...

OMG! I love Cherrybrook Kitchen mixes!!! mmmm. The brownies are to die for. Add some vegan choc chips and you've got yourself some heaven!