Sunday, January 25, 2009

My adorable four-year-old

I must take a moment to share a couple of things Ainsley said to us yesterday. We were all in the car going somewhere, when Ainsley asks, out of the blue, "Mommy, are you going to have another baby?" I said something like, maybe when Leighton gets older. Then I asked if Ainsley would be okay with that. She replied, "Yes!" I asked why, and she responded, "We need to have at least three to play ring-around-the-rosy. You can't do it with just two. You need three."

Totally unrelated, a few minutes later, Dave and I were walking through a parking lot and Dave was pushing our double stroller, which is set up such that Ainsley faces the back and Leighton faces the front. Ainsley, who is facing Dave, pipes up as she watches Dave's feet move on the pavement, "Daddy, is that how you normally walk?" I almost died laughing.

No comments: