Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Easy dinner, complicated dessert

For dinner tonight, Ainsley had a hot dog (no bun ... she gets enough wheat as it is; at lunch and dinner I prefer to avoid breads and crackers), fresh sugar snap peas, blackberries, and a slice of Tofutti mozzarella cheese. For dessert, we made cookies & cream cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World (involves mixing chopped Oreos into chocolate cupcake batter, then crushing more Oreos up and mixing with vanilla icing for the topping). We have actually completed only Stage 1 of the dessert; we cannot commence Stage 2 until Dave comes home with more Oreos, as we are out. Ainsley and I couldn't help ourselves, though -- we've already eaten an unfrosted cupcake, and it was tastey.

A few minutes ago, I was looking for good vegan lasagna recipes on the web when I came across this blog. The recipes on it look fantastic! I will be trying the lasagna recipe soon.

1 comment:

Mamma Sarah said...

Her blog is wonderful. That recipe is fantastic too. I've used the Barilla noodles (no boil) and they work just fine. :-) Good luck!