Tuesday, December 16, 2008

At the Hospital

Sorry I have not posted in so long. Leighton caught RSV, a nasty respiratory bug, and had to be hospitalized on Saturday. We have been at the hospital ever since, and are not sure when we will be able to go home. Right now we are hoping it will be Thursday. She is generally improving and doing much better than when we brought her in, but she is on supplemental oxygen and needs to get off of it before they will release us. She is taking half as much as she did yesterday, which is great, but when we've tried to reduce it further, her blood oxygen level has dipped too low. Everyone keeps telling us she sounds much better than when she was admitted, but the progress has been slower than we thought it would be.

In the midst of all of this, I am still trying to help with Ainsley's preschool Chanukah party, which will be Friday. As it stands now, I am in charge of bringing the chicken nuggets to the party (the same ones I made for her birthday), but if I get in a pinch because of Leighton's hospitalization (say, if she isn't released Thursday), then I will probably just buy a bunch of the Applegate Farms nuggets and serve those to the kids. We will also serve fresh fruit, potato latkes made with egg replacer (I will post a recipe for this soon), and safe cut-out cookies made by another food allergy mom in the class that the kids will decorate at the party (with safe icing and sprinkles I already purchased). Hopefully the party will go well.

No comments: