Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chinese and chicken -- Tues. & Wed. menus

Yesterday we were in a hurry for lunch, so we stopped at Wendy's and Ainsley had the kid's crispy chicken sandwich (plain -- just the meat and the bun), mandarin oranges, and water. This was the first time she had the chicken sandwich, because previous to my recent check of the Wendy's ingredient list, I had not realized it was safe for her. It was a total hit -- she ate almost all of it (a big deal for my kiddo, who eats like a bird).

For dinner, I made Sweet & Sour Chicken with some leftover chicken tenders from Sunday's dinner. I sauteed some diced onions, green bell peppers, pineapple chunks, and the cut-up chicken, and then served it over brown rice with the sweet & sour sauce (made from scratch using the recipe in the Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Kid-Pleasing Cookbook) drizzled on top. You could also use safe bottled sweet & sour sauce or orange sauce (I've found both at the grocery store).

In Ainsley's lunchbox today:

-Applegate Farms chicken nuggets (I find these in the natural foods freezer section of my Kroger & at Whole Foods; we also like Nature's Rancher chicken nuggets, which are at Whole Foods),
-snapea crisps (plain flavor), and
-blueberry soy yogurt (Whole Soy & Co. -- we also like Silk).

Tonight, I think I will ask the Mr. to take me out for dinner. He has been working around the clock lately, which means he and I are both tired (him from his office work, me for taking care of everything else while he's working). When we go to "normal" restaurants, we always bring Ainsley's food. I suspect a Sunbutter & jelly sandwich will be on the menu for her tonight.

No comments: