Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Tuesday

Yesterday Ainsley and I were going to a playdate at a friend's house, so we decided to make Banana Muffins (using the recipe given to me by a fellow food-allergy mom -- I will reprint it here if I get permission) to take with us (some of our friends get stumped at what to feed Ainsley when she comes over to play, so I usually bring something of my own to feed her). Ainsley ate so many of them that they became her lunch as well as her snack (along with some apple slices). I ate a good bit of them too!

For dinner, I made "Slow-Cooker Beef Goulash" (basically a mix of ground beef, macaroni noodles, tomato sauce, and a couple of vegetables) out of the "Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Kid-Pleasing Recipes" cookbook. I highly recommend this cookbook to anyone with allergies like ours -- I have tried about 1/2 of the recipes in it, and they are all delicious (I will not be reprinting the recipes from the cookbook here because of copyright and related reasons).

No comments: