Friday, November 14, 2008

Fun Food Allergy Find: Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut/Tree Nut-Free Gingerbread House Kit

I just saw a posting on another food allergy blog about a bakery in RI that makes lots of allergy-free stuff, including, for the holidays, an egg-free, dairy-free, peanut/tree nut free gingerbread house kit (they also make one that is just peanut/tree nut-free if your child isn't allergic to dairy and eggs). Here is more info on it.

**The kit does contain soy & wheat, so it is not suitable for people with those allergies.**

The bakery's # is 1-866-426-9075. I just called and ordered one and the man could not have been nicer. He said his phone has been ringing off the hook since he first started selling the gingerbread house kit. I'm not sure exactly how much the total cost will be with shipping, but it looks like it will be around $31. I will let you know once I get confirmation (he will be emailing me a receipt and tracking number).

2 comments:

Jennifer B said...

Leigha, I am glad you saw my post on the gingerbread houses. I have been looking for a "safe" gingerbread house for a LONG time. I even wrote companies in the UK and called few in Canada. I was so excited when I heard that A & J Bakery is selling them. I am going to order one of their gingerbread house kits in early December.

Thanks for the link, BTW.

Best, Jennifer B.

Mamma Sarah said...

Hi there. Saw you posted your blog on Foodlab and just wanted to let you know I linked you on my blog.

The house sounds very cool. I may just have to up and order one for a fun project for my kiddo(s). :-)